Friday, February 8, 2008

Jack Cafferty distorts McCain position on stimulus package

I sent this email today to Jack Cafferty of CNN:

This comment is in reference to one of yesterdays topics:

Jack, I like you. I really do. I agree with many, if not most, of your opinions. But based on what I just read on the Cafferty File (I missed yesterday’s broadcast) you were unfair in your characterization of McCain vis-a-vis the economic stimulus package.

While it's true he missed the vote on Wednesday's amendment, he did publicly state he would have voted against it. Now while you can argue (rightfully so, IMO) against that position, he did not deliberately miss the vote in a cowardly attempt to avoid taking a side on the issue. And on Thursday he did vote to pass the stimulus package, breaking with the party’s conservative bloc.

Give ‘em hell, Jack, but please be fair about it.

Greg

Update:

Here’s the article...

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2008/02/07/mccain-chooses-not-to-make-tough-vote/#comments

No comments: